... and crickets play the melody


i could be wrong... but it sure feels like i'm being wooed.

it's like all the blooms on the trees are coming out to say hello, and all the birds are serenading me. the sunshine has kept me company all day long... and before it went away to sleep, i feel assured that it asked the crickets to keep me from feeling alone. they persist in their task. they are keeping their promise by way of songs and melodies, as they probably know i also have been known to do. the moonlight comforts me with its presence, and i strongly perceive that the freshly cut grass has saved its best fragrance just for this moment.

yes... i am sure of it.
my heart is being wooed.

such an old way of saying it... but it's the only word that captures it tonight.

- - -

for this moment, and for so many like it, i am grateful - for a God who came down to this earth, who touched and tasted, who came to rescue and to befriend, to save -

but also to woo...

although i am already His, still see how He beckons me.

- - -

for His coming to this earth, out of Love -
and for His dying on this earth, because of Love -
and for His rising again, so that Love...

are there even words to speak this?
He is the Lover of my soul.

and even the crickets play the melody.
even the crickets rejoice and take part,
in the love of this risen God.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts