Ready... Set...


The walls of my new office are a shade of green called 'Beach Grass', and as I sit here wrapping up the loose ends from today, I find myself pleased with my color choice. The new office phones and voicemails are finally working properly, my trusty space heater is living up to its name, and all that my desk lacks are some sticky notes to make me feel right at home. One thing at a time.

- - -

Our company just relocated, and the new office is much closer to my home. In addition, it is closer to Starbucks and Target... my lunch hour just became much more interesting, and who could complain? But as I sit here staring at these shoreline colored walls, it begins to sink in that I will only be at this office for three more weeks, and then I will leave. I will go on tour for three months, and I will live out of a suitcase. My bed will be on a tour bus, my food will be whatever is catered for that meal, and my showers will be... tricky. It is the opportunity of a lifetime, and by God's providence, it is happening in mine.

But, there are goodbyes to be said.

This is the part that keeps the 'too-good-to-be-true' experience a very real and grounded thing in my mind. Don't misunderstand... I am coming back in April, and I know that some of these goodbyes are only temporary. But try telling that to a heart. Whether the loose ends are being tied for a short time or forever, there is still the process of tying up loose ends. And whether I choose to see the glass as half full or half empty, the simple fact is that parts of my world as it is now will slowly disappear as I am away, and busy, and blissfully distracted from their passing. Wounds will heal, seasons will change, and doors that have been helplessly propped open for too long will finally sound one last creak, and click as they close for good. It is only three months... yes. But I know how quickly He can move, and I know how drastically I am praying that He does while I am out on the open road.

And when I return in April... well. Big decisions lie waiting.

The thing is... although this all sounds somewhat melancholy, I am so ready. For all of it. The goodbyes, the newness, the fun, the healing, the leaving, the being there, the coming back, and the decisions that lie waiting. It is quite a collection of feelings. I am excited. I am terrified. I am trying to embrace every minute of this that has become my life. I have no clue what to expect... but I am ready for any change that He provides. He has prepared me, down to the minute. His presence and His light are my company, on this path I now begin to call my home. Have I ever felt more like a vagabond? Yet... peace is in this heart, tonight. Beyond my understanding, there it also lies in wait, for me to come and abide within it.

I will choose, and I will find rest in the plans He has for me. No matter what else changes, no matter what things stay standing and which things are torn down... I will rest in the hands that hold.

- - -

Go.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts