Marshmallows included.


It's probably no secret... I adore cold weather. Probably too many blogs and FB status updates have mentioned this fact, and the socially conscientious side of me does truly apologize. However. This morning, as I was trying to figure out what to wear, allow me to confess... I was obnoxiously giddy. Should I wear this sweater, or that sweater - or how about a scarf... or boots?!

I had hot chocolate for breakfast. Yes. Marshmallows included.

The front door of my apartment opened into a gorgeous morning, complete with a thin layer of frost on my car windows and the chance to see what a breath actually looks like, as it meets the air.

And I'm going to the corn maze tonight. I mean... come on! As if the day did not already call for hay bales and scarecrows, caramel apples, pumpkins and hot cider. I love fall.

- - -

Perhaps this seems a bit dramatic ... but I am learning more and more how vital it is, and what a discipline it is, to see, grasp, and cherish the small things. When some of the big things seem to be a bit more shaky than I'd like, and the days seem shorter than they used to be (discounting the sun's effect on this fact) - it is a precious thing, to truly understand on mornings like today's, that our Savior watches over us. There is nothing He does not see, anticipate, understand, and ultimately allow. Mornings bring new mercies, I have heard it with my ears... but this morning, I understood with my heart. His mercies were new this morning.

And they'll be new tomorrow, too. Because He's good.

He is so good to us.

- - -

"The Lord is good to all, and His mercies are all over His works. All Your works shall give thanks to You, O Lord - and Your godly ones shall bless Your name."

Psalm 145:9-10

Comments

Popular Posts