transitions


the soundtrack in my local Starbucks this morning is very soothing, whatever it is. if i had an iPhone, i could figure out who the singer is. if i weren't too tired to get up from this comfy seat and ask the barista, i could figure out who the singer is. if i weren't scared that the man staring at me from across the room would steal my computer the minute i stood up, i could figure out who the singer is. OR... maybe the barista will come around with samples, before this CD is over... then i'll ask. but then again, it is 7:36 in the morning... so maybe i shouldn't count on samples.

dang it.

- - -

like the exhausted 25 year old girl that i am, i went to bed last night at 9:23. and it was awesome. therefore... i woke up at 6:37, and had a burst of energy i never thought i'd feel again after my two weeks at Camp Electric, which i just returned home from on Thursday night. i'm chipper, and i think if my mother could see me right now, she would say i was my father's child... i'm practically waving to strangers as i pass them by, and there actually is a little bounce in my step - which of course i discovered as i almost busted after tripping on a wrinkle in the rug, by the front door here in S'bux. it didn't even bother me that the only table left was a bit sticky, or that the temperature in this building yields itself conducive for hanging meat. oh, all the things i will gloss over, in the name of coffee.

yesterday, i went shopping for picture frames, wall decor, vases, towels, paint swatches, and bath mats. it was a bittersweet experience due to obvious circumstances, but i was able to spend some really precious time praying and thinking while i perused the shelves, considered price, summoned my courage, and filled my shopping cart. Jesus is such an intimate friend, especially in the most discouraging of moments. for His presence even in the shopping aisles of my life, i am eternally grateful. i came away with some beautiful purchases, and some renewed hope in all of these transitions. this too shall pass, as mom often reminds me... this too shall pass. until then, there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother - and He is here, in every single one of these transitions.

Comments

Popular Posts