declaration


... i trust You.

of all the things that i do not understand - including many aspects of You - i at least understand by now that You are Love... You love me, and it is unfailing - it is unconditional, and it does not end, and i cannot get away from it... You have claimed me, and I am yours.

i know that You are true, and that by Your grace i have been saved. i know that i am worth something to You... i know that You gave Your life, that i might know how good and beautiful You are.

i know that even when i feel like i am far from home, You are with me. even when the dark is too thick to see through, You are guiding me. when i cannot find my way, You show me Your heart. when i cannot walk, You carry me. when my songs are broken, You sing a song over me.

when my mind is trapped by questions it cannot answer, You are peace. when my body stresses underneath the heaviness of heart, You are my strength. when my heart fails, when my smile falters, when my resolve shakes, when i can no longer hold up my chin... You become my hope.

You alone have been with me through every storm and season, every sunrise and sunset, every high and low. You alone have answered when I have sought You. You have been witness to all that I have been, am, and ever will be... my thoughts, my actions, my desires, my tears... You know them all... and in You alone, I find rest.

i trust You. i trust that You have begun a good work inside me, in my heart, in my life - and that You will not leave it unfinished... no matter what it looks like, feels like, seems like - no matter what lies i find easier to believe - You will not leave me unfinished... You are faithful.

Comforter... Healer... Savior... Lord.

You have claimed me. I am Yours.

i trust You.

Comments

Popular Posts