25


i have been very nervous about approaching 25.

it is such a solid number... so monumental.
in a world of things adding up to 100... 25 feels like kind of a big deal.
maybe it's just me - but as i've seen this day approaching, i've been fighting this.
i've felt like i needed something to show for making it to this point.
something special, something wise, something fun and enviable.
it's so human to think that way.
i am very human... and a super self-conscious one, at that.

so now it's here. the monumental birthday.
the place where i "raise my ebenezer".
the place where i declare and remember something true.

honestly?
the past 24 hours have been wonderful. perfect.
and very humbling.
i have realized how much i have, and when i was over at Jeff's house earlier tonight, my heart was close to bursting.
but still... just in case -
if there actually does turn out to be a need to show something for making it this far...
here is my effort to fill that need:

there is a God who loves me. i have a beautiful family, each member of which is precious to me. i am dating a fantastic guy, and getting to enjoy his company quite a lot lately :) i am getting my Masters... writing that out just makes me happy. i just got a sassy short haircut - i love it. i have a cute apartment, a wonderful roommate, and money enough to pay for what i need.

so... that's what i have to show. it's the 25 year old version of me.

here i raise my ebenezer...
hither by Thy help, I've come.

Comments

Popular Posts