this is a blog.


"i'm sitting here at Starbucks..."

FACT: at least 50 journal entries of mine have begun with this phrase.

it is always freezing cold in here.
and i always come prepared for it.
and i always am never prepared enough.

- - -

so i chopped my hair off again. i cannot express how DELIGHTED i was this morning when i got out of the shower, dried my hair off with a towel... and was done. no blow drying. no curling or styling. no product. oh glorious short hair, how i love you!

yes - i am being dramatic.
it is my blog. i can do whatever i want. i am autonomous.

- - -

i got a ticket tonight for not having a headlight. ever since, i have felt like i wanted to break or hit something. don't get me wrong - the evening actually has been pretty wonderful for the past couple hours but i just still feel like i could, if unnecessarily provoked, come out swinging. i bet it would be hilarious to watch, and i am in the mood to laugh... which further... makes me want to break or hit something.

no worries. this threat is entirely innocuous.

FACT: this is a blog.

- - -

tonight, my intentions were to go to Starbucks and study. i wore no makeup, threw on some appropriate yoga/pajama/ish clothes, grabbed the backpack with no other intention than to submerge myself deep into homework. but i got a phonecall. and that changed everything.

all of a sudden, my boring night was not boring at all. instead of globalization and professional ethics, i was able to study a pair of eyes and a smile.

FACT: i like studying.

- - -

this is a blog.
this was a pointless one for you to read.
this was not, however,
a pointless one for me to write.
it is my blog.
i can do whatever i want.
i am autonomous.

Comments

  1. you're funny.

    oh, and I understand the short hair feeling. I've actually been contemplating buzzing my head the last few days. It probably won't happen b/c I look stupid with a buzzed head, but I do enjoy not having to mess with the hair at all that comes with a buzz cut.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts