autumn fest

:) <------- this has been on my face, since I woke up yesterday morning. it is still there.

last night was truly wonderful. it may be the most fun, comfortable, "at home" evening that i have had so far in 2009. the food was phenomenal. the people, remarkable. i think that's actually what did me in... the people. that's why the smile still lives on my face. at the end of a terribly rough week, finally getting to relax and enjoy the company of friends and family who love God and love each other as we are called to do... i needed that reminder of grace. i know, i know - how could you ever need a "reminder" of grace? nevertheless, the Lord used people to relay grace to me last night.

i'm grateful.

so to Jason, Whitney, Jeff, Daniel, Sarah, Joseph, Lee, Marie...
you each have changed my life, and i love you all dearly and individually in your own ways. you encourage me by your voices, your songs, your senses of humor, your listening ears, your wise words, your talents, your weaknesses, your hugs, and your winning recipes... sometimes there aren't anymore words, so i'll just say: i'm grateful, and i am thrilled that i can call each of you my family :)

... amen.






Comments

  1. Honestly, it was my favorite night in a long, long time! I love all of those people and I miss spending quality time with each one of them. So thank you for putting last night together and for allowing me to be a part of it.

    I still feel like I am just getting to know you and I met Marie for the first time last night. But I consider myself blessed to know each of you. I'm looking forward to some more remarkable nights! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts