These Ways...


These Ways

There are moments when I'm standing
In the puddles that the rain makes,
and I feel a certain whisper in my heart.
I know it like the water,
I sense it like the air
And from my soul, it can't be held apart.

The grass becomes an emerald,
When the sky is gray above it,
And this is how I see You, in the rain -
You sustain that which is living,
Proving mercy by these colors,
When again the sky turns blue,
I know Your grace.

- - -

When the night time brings me moments
With the ceiling fast above me,
And I cannot cease the whirlwind in my mind -
Even there, You reign inside me
In the rhythm of my heartbeat,
And I know, that in Your rest I still abide.

When in darkness, panic seeks me -
And the fear, it tempts and teases,
You overcome it surely with Your Light.
And by contrast, I can see You,
As I lay there in the blackness,
For You alone have won the war against the night.

- - -

All these ways that I have known You
Cannot from my heart be stolen,
Like the rain cannot be stolen from the clouds.
Through the gray and by the night watch,
You've enamored me to see You -
And in hope of You, is where my hope abounds.

(by Lauren O'Neill)

Comments

  1. And in hope of You, is where my hope abounds....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts