let it be


Today, I admit - at times the straight and narrow has seemed a very lonely road. Interesting, isn't it - that just yesterday, I was praying to remember the freedom I have in Christ... And then today, the call on my spirit has been to not forget Whose I am, as I pursue that freedom - and to discern and remember what purpose such freedom ultimately serves in the long run... not only in this short one. The purpose is not for me to merely "feel" free - but to be free. Freedom does not, therefore, guarantee a lack of responsibility to conscience, or a lighthearted acceptance of all I suddenly awake to taking place around me. A freedom of heart may, truthfully, be a quiet and fairly unseen thing. And even within freedom, the moment by moment stepping in time with truth can sometimes, in this world, be a very lonely song to walk to... Even among friends.

But... Savior. I am Yours alone. An audience of One, may it be the only one I aim to please. My prayer tonight is that You would keep me steady. No matter who comes alongside, You are my pursuit and my company.

And though the way be straight and narrow... let it be.


Comments

Popular Posts