lately

i've been having a lot of these moments lately: when i stop to look around, nothing looks familiar. i don't know where i am. no clue. (NO CLUE.) yet - i can vividly recall every step of the way to getting here. i know my God is good. i will continue acknowledging His mercies, His workings - i know no other way. i keep walking. i keep walking. i keep walking.

i do see Him working, even though my flesh feels weak. He has inscribed a promise on my heart, and I acknowledge these mercies He has shown me:

He has provided finances to attend grad school... for my parents, I am grateful. He has sustained my job security... for peace of mind, I am grateful. He has kept literal food on my literal table... for literal daily bread, I am grateful. He has brought my best friend back from Africa, when I need her most... for Amber, I am grateful. He has guided me to finally finding a church home... for community, I am grateful. He has blessed Marie's and my joy over this new apartment... for moments of happy, I am grateful. He has helped me find sleep on those evenings my heart grieves... for rest, I am grateful. He has felt my hurt, has not questioned my tears... for compassion, I am grateful. He has offered access to Himself, freely, every moment... for a friend, I am grateful.

He has loved me... and for this love, I will keep walking.


Comments

  1. Thank God for these many blessings. :)

    Where did you find a church home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm getting involved at River City church... actually meeting with the pastor and his wife this Wednesday, to talk about ways to serve... so ready :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts